The cost of a water fountain for your home and garden is dependent upon the style/design of the fountain, the size, the features, the material used in it, and the manufacturing brand itself. So, if you want to purchase one for your home then you must take care of these things while buying.
What is a water fountain?
A water fountain is a closed-loop water stream that you can place in your home or garden depending on its size to add beauty and calmness to space. It is available in a large variety of styles and designs. A homeowner or the gardener can choose the right style such that it complements well with the trees, shrubs, and flowers, walking pavements, swimming pool, lighting, and all other garden features.
How do they work?
Water fountains and waterfalls typically function in the same manner, where the waterfalls into a reservoir. The visible part is called downstream and the stream of water goes downwards due to gravitation. The potential energy of water is converted to kinetic energy to flow to the reservoir in this downward movement. The invisible part requires an external energy source to pump the water back to the higher altitude from the reservoir. An electric pump helps perform this action; where the pump converts electrical energy into potential energy that again converts into kinetic energy making the water flow possible.
Types of Water Fountains:
We can divide the water fountains into two broad categories; outdoor and indoor water fountains. Outdoor fountains are perfect for pools, ponds, and your garden depending on the style you choose; while indoor fountains are suitable for home and office use.
If we consider the style of a fountain, then we can find a lot of varieties available in the market such as a tiered fountain, wall fountain, tabletop fountain, Japanese fountain, self-contained fountain, and stream-style fountain.
Tiered fountains come in two or three tiers that make it look beautiful when water goes down crossing these tiers. They are typically found outdoors (gardens).
You can mount the wall fountains to the walls. These fountains have a very compact size; hence they save a lot of space because of the design.
Japanese fountains are a special type of fountains found typically in every Japanese garden. They are aesthetically pleasing and add calmness to the person who enjoys them.
Stream style fountains come in two different sizes; small for the home or office and a large one for the gardens.
Self-contained fountains are very popular as they are easy to install and have easy operations.
Water Fountain Installation Costs:
Homeowners spend an average of $2,639 to install a backyard fountain. The entire project price ranges from $945 and $4,615; it can cost as little as $50 or as much as $8,000. The factors responsible for this drastic change in price are size, complexity, and material. So you can expect to pay between $100 to over $4,000 for the precast unit; installation charges will apply additionally. Pool waterfalls may cost you more than $1,000.
However, you can build your own water fountain at a comparatively lower price than the pre-casted fountains.
Water Fountain Prices basing on its Material:
The price of a fountain itself can range from $50 to over $4,000. However, the exact project price depends on the material used. You can find a simple garden fountain at a lower price. You can install a full-sized waterfall cascading over a marble wall by spending thousands of dollars. Let us discuss the cost of fountains for different materials used in them.
• Water fountains made of plastic and raisin will cost you around $100 – $400.
• Fiber-glass water fountains range within $100 – over $1,600.
• Rock or stone water fountains come at a price range of $200 – over $1,200.
• Concrete water fountains can cost you around $250 – over $3,500.
• The most attractive ones are the marble fountains that you can purchase at $300 – over $4,000.
Cost of Water Fountains depending on their features:
The cost of the fountains depends on the features they have or the difficulty level you face to install them.
• Free-standing water fountains cost you around $600 – $1,100. These water fountains are too heavy and can sit on the ground against the wall.
• Wall hanging or mounting water fountains are lightweight and cost you around $150 – $600.
• Pre-cast stone or concrete water fountains are pre-made and will cost you around $300 – over $1,000.
• Pedestal tiered water fountains have a series of stacked basins in concrete or resin that cost you around $50 – $700.
• Small garden bird baths can cost you around $25 – $300.
• You can purchase solar bird-baths at $150 – $300. They use solar energy to pump the water.
• Water fountains having fire-works are available as vases, bowls, linear pits, or classic round pits that cost you around $100 – $1,000.
Cost of water fountains depending on their size & height:
• Small rock water fountain of 3 sq. feet height can cost you $125 – $350.
• Medium rock fountain of 12 sq. feet can cost you around $400 – $1,800.
• Large rock fountain with a height of 20 feet can cost you around $1,000 – $5,250.
• Small concrete fountain having a diameter of 34 inches can cost you around $250 – $1,000.
• Medium concrete fountain with a diameter of 35-60 inches can be purchased at $1,200 – $3,500.
• Large concrete fountains with a diameter of 60-100 inches can cost you around $3,000 – $10,000.
Cost of waterfall Kits :
You can also find pre-made water fountain kits that range from $450 to $3,400. You can install this type of fountain in 1 to 2 days; the kit includes a waterfall structure, pumps, water lines or tubing, and installation instructions.
How much does the installation of a water fountain cost?
Interestingly, the cost of installation of a fountain is similar to that of the fountain itself. Waterfall companies, pool companies, and pond builders may charge $40 to $65 per hour to install a water fountain. Thus the complete installation, including plumbing and electrical work will cost you around $320 -$520. The installation takes a whole day.
Solar Water Fountains Installation Charges:
The installation charges for solar water fountains range between $50- over $200. The price of solar water fountains is higher than a non-solar unit of similar size and style. Small solar fountains come at a slightly lower price, while multi-tiered versions can be purchased at a higher price.
Drinking Fountains cost:
The cost of an indoor drinking fountain range between $1,000- over $2,000; an outdoor model can cost you around $1,000- $3,000 including installation.
The modern artistic fountains can come within $4,000 or above. The plumber charges will be around $45 to $150 per hour.
Best Selling Water Fountains:
1. Veken 100oz/3L Pet Fountain, Automatic Cat Water Fountain Dog Water Fountain with LED Lights, 3 Replacement Filters for Cats, Dogs, Multiple Pets
This is an indoor drinking water fountain and is suitable for your pets. This fountain cost you $29.99.
• Brand: Veken
• Item Dimensions: 9.5 x 9.5 x 5.6 inches
• Color: Grey
• 3L Large Capacity
• It is made of BPA-free material.
• The fountain is equipped with 3 replacement filters.
• It has got an upper bowl, lower bowl, or the free-falling stream.
This is a garden fountain and costs you around $201. 00.
• Brand: Bond Manufacturing
• Item Dimensions: 20.5 x 29.5 x 20.5 inches
• Color: Grey
• Material: Resin, Stone
• Item Weight: 19.8 Pounds
• Power Source: Corded Electric
• It has got white led lights.
• The fountain is made of Envirostone.
This is an indoor fountain with a small size. This will cost you $140.18.
• Brand: Jeco
• Item Dimensions: 15 x 15 x 32 inches
• Item Weight: 4.54 Grams
• Power Source: Corded Electric
• Color: Brown/Black
• Material: Polyresin & fiberglass
4. Kenroy Home Classic Indoor/ Outdoor Wall Fountain,35 Inch Height, 19.5 Inch Width, 9 Inch Ext. with Plum Bronze Finish
This water fountain comes in a wall-mounted design. This will cost you $227.99.
• Brand: Kenroy Home
• Item Dimensions: 9 x 19.5 x 35 inches
• Item Weight: 16.8 Pounds
• Power Source Other
• Color: Plum Bronze Finish
• Material: Resin
• The thermal-sensitive pumps automatically shut off when the water level is too low.
• The dynamic LED lighting creates a perfect ambiance.
This is a tiered fountain and comes in a 3-tier design. This will cost you $39.99.
• Brand: Alpine Corporation
• Item Dimensions: 9 x 7 x 17 inches
• Item Weight: 16 Ounces
• Color: Brown
• Material: Fiberglass/Resin
• It is a pouring tiered water fountain.
• The fountain is suitable for both indoors and outdoors.
Last but not the least, The water fountains add beauty as well as pleasing and calming vibes to the place they are stored. Hence, if you want to have an aesthetically pleasing environment in your garden, home, or office, then you can purchase one for your home. If you are worried about the cost of water fountains and their cost then you can go through this article to get answers to all your queries. If you want us to recommend online shops from where you can purchase the fountains, then we will recommend you amazon.com; the largest online shopping website in the world. However, you can go for offline shops if you can withstand the hassles of going shop to shop for buying one. The large size fountains for your gardens should only be purchased from offline shops to avoid breakage.