If you want to have a nice bathing experience to calm your senses, then you must be searching for the best shower heads at a reasonable cost. If you are wondering how much does a shower head cost, then we have got a great solution for you. You can go through this article to get a vivid idea about the showerheads, their features and how much do they cost.
What is a Shower Head?
A shower head is bathing equipment placed at the end of a water source that evenly disperses water to provide the person a nice bathing experience. Showerheads consist of small holes on the surface of the shower fixture that facilitates even water flow to the person who bathes under it. Most of the shower heads are made from a strong and durable molded ABS plastic. They are made of aluminum or chrome to match the interior décor of the bathroom.
Typically, showerheads are mounted high on the wall inside the shower stall. Most showerheads come with a showering device that can easily be converted by switching the water stream to come from the showerhead, which you can use as a spray gun.
Mounted shower heads are adjustable; you can turn them to give the bather maximum water coverage. You can simply turn the device at the base of the fixture to move the direction of the flow. The showerheads do have a hose that you can attach to a shower head to move for having better control during rinsing.
You will find a wide variety of showerheads in the market that deliver the water stream in different patterns and levels of velocity. These energy-efficient devices control the high levels of water flow through smaller holes. High-pressure showerheads are the best examples of this category. Other types of showerheads do have adjustable knobs to control the water flow with in-built shower modes. The high-grade showerheads come with heat and time sensors. They provide an even water flow, conserve energy, and saves water.
Types of Shower Heads
There are a different variety of showerheads available in the market, from multiple shower heads to wall panels that you can choose according to your requirements.
Standard wall-mounted showers are the traditional and budget-friendly showerheads. They use a simple installation on the walls of the shower.
Ceiling mount designs are very popular these days that you can install them in flush or semi-flush to the shower ceiling. These showerheads can spray the user directly on his head.
Handheld showerheads are versatile shower heads that feature a hose attached to the showerhead with a device that anchors to the wall. You can use these shower heads for rinsing shampoo from hair, washing pets, and rinsing the tub and shower.
Sliding bar shower heads consists of a bar that is mounted on the shower wall. You can adjust the height of these shower heads up and down depending on your needs. These devices are perfect for both tall and short-height people.
Body spray shower heads feature multiple heads installed on the shower walls. You can use them to have head-to-toe sprays.
You can find shower panels that feature vertical jets to run from the neck to knee levels on these shower head panels. You can use these panels for massage purposes.
Cost of Shower Heads:
The cost of showerheads depends on the designs, features, and the brands they are manufactured by.
• The cost of basic shower heads will be less than $25 to over $45.
• The cost of upgraded shower heads will be somewhere around $60 to $120.
• The minimum cost of luxury shower heads will be between $150 to over $250.
Factors affecting shower head cost:
The size, finish, and design that you choose, decide its price. Basic models of showerheads can provide simple functions and are budget-friendly prices. They feature a single setting. They don’t have adjustable spray patterns; where as upgraded showerheads feature multiple spray patterns and settings. The luxury showerheads come with extra features such as wireless speakers or multiple shower head nozzles to have a spa-like experience.
• Full body shower heads cost $300-$900.
• Rainfall showerheads can be purchased at $25-$150.
• Showerheads that come with a handheld hose will cost you around $30-$200.
• You can purchase high-pressure shower heads at $30-$125.
Besides the cost of showerheads, there are other charges like installation charges that add extra expenditure to the installation process.
• Minimum labor charges for 1 shower head will cost you around $75 and more.
• Additional materials used for installing a showerhead will cost you around $15.
• The required hardware may cost you around $15.
Best Selling Wireless Microphones:
1. Low Water Pressure Shower Heads – Best High Pressure Boosting Wall Mount Showerhead – Indoor And Outdoor Modern Bath Spa Head, 2.5 GPM – Polished Brass
The showerhead comes with ball joints to allow an extra range of motion so that you can point the shower head exactly where you want it. The showerhead has got self-cleaning nozzles made from mineral-resistant silicone. These nozzles are shaped to jet water flow that prevents calcium build-up inside the nozzles. The high-pressure showerhead can resist corrosion and any physical impact and is rust-free. The showerhead will cost you $39.99.
• Brand: Aqua Elegante
• Dimensions of the showerhead: 3.1 x 3.1 x 4.7 inches
• Weight: 0.64 ounces
• Material: ABS
• Colour: Polished Brass
• Finish Type: Brass
• Rate of water flow: 2.5 Gallons Per Minute
2. High Pressure Fixed Shower Head – 5 Spray Settings – Showerhead with Strong Adjustable Stream and Small Silicone Nozzles – Universal Fit Works with High and Low Water Flow Showers (Deluxe Chrome)
The high-pressure showerhead comes with two washers; one water restrictor and a roll of Teflon tape that you can use to ensure a leak-proof seal. The water restrictor limits the water pressure. It has got anti-clog silicone jets that facilitate even spray and prevent lime deposits. The showerhead will cost you $22.99.
• Brand: Heatsistence
• Dimensions of the showerhead: 4.37 x 4.06 x 4.02 inches
• Weight: 14.4 ounces
• It comes in a round shape.
• The showerhead has got a lovely silver finish.
• It is made from durable chrome-plated ABS material.
3. High Pressure Fixed Shower Head Hopopro 5-Setting Upgraded Bathroom Showerhead 4 Inch High Flow Shower Head with Adjustable Metal Swivel Ball Joint for Luxury Shower Experience Even at Low Water Flow
This is a high-pressure fixed shower head with 5 spray settings; massage, rain & massage, rain, rain & mist, and mist. You can choose a spray setting by just adjusting the knob. The silicone-jet nozzles help to clean the blocked head easily. The showerhead will cost you $19.99.
• Brand: Hopopro
• Dimensions: 4.13 x 4.13 x 2.36 inches
• Weight: 9.6 ounces
• Rate of water flow: 2.5 Gallons Per Minute
• Assembled diameter: 10.5 centimeters
• It is made of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene material.
• The adjustable shower head has a 4.1-inch panel with 47 self-cleaning nozzles.
4. BESy Shower System with 12 Inch Rain Shower Head and Handheld Wall Mounted, High-Pressure Rainfall Shower Faucet Fixture Combo Set with 2 in 1 Handheld Showerhead for Bathroom, Matte Black
The showerhead comes with a shower wand made of stainless steel that you can use to convert the showerhead into a hand-held shower spray gun. The showerhead has a lovely black color that adds volume to your bathroom décor. You can save 30% on the water with innovative air injection technology. This showerhead will cost you $179.99.
• Brand: BESy
• Dimensions: 20.3 x 13.5 x 5.1 inches
• Weight: 11.23 pounds
• Colour: black
• Material: Brass
• The showerhead comes in a square shape.
• It has got dual function; works both as a showerhead and a spray gun shower.
5. Shower Head and 15 Stage Shower Filter, FEELSO High Output Hard Water Softener Showerhead with Filter Cartridge for Hard Water Remove Chlorine and Harmful Substances
The showerhead from the brand Feelso has got large 6 inch top spray with 90 nozzles to provide strong water flow. It has a 360-degree rotation angle-adjustable solid swivel ball design in the connector, which allows you to adjust the position of the showerhead. It can remove chlorine and other harmful substance to keep your skin healthy. This will cost you $32.99.
• Brand: FEELSO
• Dimensions: 10.4 x 6.4 x 3.6 inches
• Weight: 1.75 pounds
• Colour: chrome finish
• Material: Premium ABS
• It comes in a round shape
• It fits any shower arm.
• The showerhead has a large 6 inch top spray with 90 nozzles.
Last but not the least, Showerheads are the best bathroom equipment that you can use to save water. It can also ease your job of pouring water on your body through a mug or the same. They save time and water consumption at the same time. Moreover, you can have a great bathing experience or a spa-like treatment through these bathroom devices. Hence, you must have a showerhead installed on the walls or the ceiling to have a relaxing bathing session. If you are thinking about where to purchase the showerheads, then we can suggest you purchase them online on amazon.com at a reasonable price. You can also check out in the supermarkets, but they will be way too costly if purchased offline.