If you are recently in love with broadcasting FM transmitters, then you must be worried about the cost of FM transmitters. So, we are here to help you out by answering all your queries about FM transmitters, their features, and their cost.
What is an FM Transmitter?
An FM transmitter is a broadcasting device that allows the user to use their phones to broadcast music that is already stored in the phone’s memory. The FM transmitter plays the music on a larger device such as a car stereo or home audio system. You have to connect your phone to the transmitter with an aux cable or Bluetooth so that you can enjoy high-quality music, answer and make calls, and even charge your phone with this device.
How do transmitters work?
Most FM transmitters work by finding available bandwidth to broadcast the music or other sound across that specific wavelength/frequency range. These devices are an inexpensive way to play music to more than one listener. One of the most popular ways that you can use a transmitter is in your car. It is easy to harness the car’s radio and sound system with the help of a transmitter. Interestingly, other nearby cars can also pick up the signal; you can use this technology for group road trips or caravans. You can also us the devices in homes or offices. They work best in areas where you do not find a lot of competition for available bandwidth because it is difficult to find signals in highly populated areas.
Bluetooth FM transmitters have compatibility with various types of devices such as tablets, smartphones, and laptops. Most of the FM transmitters are designed in such a way that they can have universal compatibility with most smartphones. So, you should check the compatibility of the device with your phone before buying one.
Why should you buy an FM transmitter?
People these days are keen to invest in FM transmitters to have the freedom to listen to their own music, audiobooks, and podcasts while they are driving a car. It is very cost-effective and is suitable for a wide range of different cars. Moreover, a high-quality Transmitter helps you answer calls and navigate while driving. However, we recommend you purchase a Bluetooth FM transmitter if you want to use an FM transmitter in your car while driving.
Most transmitters feature similar operations. First of all, they scan the airwaves to find an available frequency to broadcast the sound inputted into it out over that frequency. Anyone in the near vicinity can tune their radios to the identified channel to hear whatever the transmitter is sending out.
You need to have a broadcasting license. If you do not have one, then you can use an FCC-certified FM transmitter, which the best legal way to use one. However, you are going to receive a transmission range up to 200ft. To get a longer range, you should apply for a license that can help you use a powerful transmitter having a transmission range of up to 3.5 miles.
Cost of FM Transmitters:
The cost of FM transmitters varies depending on their features like transmission range, quality of material used in its outer body, and the brand that manufactures the transmitters. However, the average cost of an FM transmitter for home usage can be purchased at a very reasonable cost. The price drastically changes depending on the features, brands, quality, and type of usage.
The transmitter we use for our personal usage can be purchased at a very low cost. The transmission range of a usual transmitter is up to 1000 ft or 300 meters. You just need to set the channel in the middle of 76 ~ 108MHz to get a good sound transmission. These devices will cost you $15- over $250.
A professional 500W and 1KW FM transmitter for a small community radio station has high-grade features and a huge range of transmission. Hence this equipment is way too costly and not for personal usage.
Best Selling FM Transmitters :
1. FM Transmitter for Church, Elikliv 76~108MHz Digital LCD Wireless Stereo Broadcast with Antenna, Built-in PLL FM Transmitter Radio Stereo
This FM transmitter comes with an antenna that can transmit a specific frequency to use the radio to receive it. It is suitable for quiet places like churches, car theatre, and fleet communication. The transmission range for this FM transmitter is within 300m/1000ft. It has got an aluminum alloy body that does not get hot even if you use the device for a long time. Moreover, the transmitter has an LCD screen to adjust the settings through the display. This device will cost you $99.98.
• Brand: Elikliv
• Dimensions: 10.24 x 8.66 x 2.36 inches
• Weight: 1.55 pounds
• It has got a lovely black finish.
• Maximum range: 300m
• Sound transmission range: 300m/1000feet
• Frequency range: 76 ~ 108MHz
• It is made of high-grade aluminum alloy material.
2. FM Transmitter for Church, FM Transmitter 0.5W 76MHz~108MHz LCD Broadcast Transmitter Mini Radio Stereo Station PLL with Antenna Up 1000Feet Distance for Broadcasting Music, Audio, Voice, School, Park
This FM transmitter uses the FM radio band to give perfect broadcasting to any FM receiver in its path. It can be used for outdoor drive-in cinema broadcast, park broadcast, school broadcast, factory broadcast, hotel broadcast. It has got a high transmission range of up to 1000feet. This device will cost you $89.99.
• Brand: Elikliv
• Dimensions: 10.3 x 8.7 x 2.5 inches
• Weight: 1.55 pounds
• You get a 0.5W FM Transmitter for perfect broadcasting of music, audio, or voice wireless.
• It has got a total of 3 amplifiers.
• Frequency range: 76MHz~108MHz
• Transmission range: 1000feet
• It has got a strong aluminum alloy construction.
• It has got an LCD display screen.
3. FM Broadcast Transmitter, Elikliv 15W LCD PLL Wireless Radio Stereo Broadcast Range 87~108MHz FM Transmitter for Church, Car Theater, Radio Station, Supermarket
The FM transmitter from the brand Elikliv has a transmission range of 800m/874yard and is perfect for churches and car theatres. The transmitter can be used in wide places like campus radio, shopping mall radio, wireless audio, conference speech, etc. You can control the transmitter using Bluetooth within 32 feet range. This device will cost you $176.03.
• Brand: Elikliv
• Dimensions: 12.2 x 7.87 x 3.35 inches
• Weight: 3.76 pounds
• It has got a silver finish.
• It uses Bluetooth to control the transmitter within 32 feet.
• The device is made of high grade and durable aluminum alloy material.
• Transmission range: 800m/874yard
• Frequency range: 87 ~ 108MHz
• It can be connected with external microphones.
4. FM Transmitter, Fm Transmitter for Church, 0.5W 76MHz~108MHz LCD Broadcast Transmitter, Wireless Broadcast Station, Clear Stereo Sound FM Transmitter with Antenna Up 1000Feet Distance
The transmitter has a long transmission range. It comes with a microphone jack and LCD screen that reflects the settings. It has got a quiet fan with PC control that prevents heating. Moreover, it has got strong signal ability. This device will cost you $102.21.
• Brand: Riiai
• Dimensions: 10.04 x 8.62 x 2.32 inches
• Weight: 1.59 pounds
• You will get a 0.5W FM Transmitter in this package.
• Operating Current: Less than 0.5A
• Frequency Range: 76 – 108Mhz
• Transmission range: 100feet/300 meters.
• It can be connected with a microphone
• The transmitter has got a microphone jack and LCD screen.
• Phase Lock Loop (PLL) system included
5. BaseWish 7W 1W FM Transmitter, Mini Radio Stereo Station PLL LCD with Antenna and 3.5mm Audio Cable, for Drive-in Church SuperMarket School, Black
This FM transmitter has got a strong aluminum alloy construction and lightweight body structure. The LCD screen helps monitor the settings. In addition to this, it gives clear sound with three amplifiers that you get with this transmitter. This will cost you $139.99.
• Brand: Basewish
• Dimensions: 6.3 x 3.54 x 1.97 inches
• Weight: 15.5 ounces
• Transmission frequency: 76M to 108Mhz
• Transmission range: 1000 feet
• It has got two power modes; 1W and 7W
• Three power amplifiers included in this package.
• It is made of durable aluminum alloy.
• It comes with PLL LCD with Antenna and a 3.5mm Audio Cable.
Last but not the least, FM transmitters are a convenient way to broadcast music to a great number of people by catching a specifically available bandwidth. If you are a journeyperson and prefer to have long journeys frequently with your friends and family, then you must go for this device. The FM transmitter will give you the liberty of playing your own music. If you are worried about the features and cost then you are at the right place. Check out the above-discussed products on amazon.com to have a clear idea about the FM transmitters. You can find a huge no. of options available on this shopping website. But we recommend you to check out the dimensions and customer reviews before buying the same; this will prevent you to face any hassles afterward.