If your little one has a special interest in music and wants to learn a piano, then you can purchase a baby grand piano instead of going for large-size pianos that have complicated features. If you wonder how much do baby grand pianos cost, then we have a solution for you. Just go through this article to solve all your queries.
What is a Baby Grand Piano?
A baby grand piano is a type of musical instrument engineered for those who can’t manage to purchase a full-sized grand piano. These pianos are not as luxuriously large as a grand piano. But a baby grand features horizontal strings that provide a more rich and full sound. They are also considered to be superior to upright models.
Baby grand pianos have several names, depending on their size. You can find a petit-grand or living room grand, which is likely to be identical to many baby grand pianos.
The sound of pianos largely depends on the position of the key strings and their ability and space to vibrate when struck with fingers. True grand pianos can vibrate more, producing more pure overtones and a more accurate sound.
However, a baby grand piano has somewhat shorter or stiffer strings. It still offers increased sound quality that is somewhat similar to upright pianos. The baby grands also add volume to your home décor by becoming the perfect center-piece.
Factors affecting Baby Grand Piano Cost:
A baby grand piano can cost you anywhere from $100 for a simple model all the way up to $100,000 or more for a piano with high-grade quality and features. The high price is also dependent on the manufacturing brands. The pianos are not created equal and this is the reason why the price fluctuates for each model. Let us discuss the factors that are important for the price of baby grand pianos.
• Size — With baby grand pianos, the size refers to the horizontal length. A baby grand measures between 5-1/2 feet t- 6 feet in length.
• New vs. Used — It is obvious that used pianos are cheaper than new ones. However, you will find high quality used piano is way too pricier than a new piano with fewer features. You can purchase baby grand pianos at less than $150- $500, which is the minimum cost for a baby grand piano. You can find these kinds of baby grand pianos on amazon.com.
• Brands — The cost of the big three brands such as Steinway, Yamaha, and Kawai are really high. If you go for these brands then we will suggest you rent one instead of purchasing. Because the average cost of a piano from these brands will be between $2000- $10000, which is way too costly.
• Color — You may find colored wood like mahogany and walnut are usually more expensive than satin or polished ebony finish.
How much does it cost to rent a Piano?
Buying a baby grand can be very expensive. Hence, you can rent one at a very low price. You can browse websites to find out the companies that give this facility. You can rent a baby grand piano for as low as $29.99 per month.
Purchasing From Local Shops:
If purchasing a baby grand piano at local musical instrument stores, then the manufacturer, materials, and features may affect the price of your new piano.
Typically, a new baby grand piano costs you around $1500-$6000 US dollars (USD.) if you go for costly brands. However, used pianos are available at cheaper prices at local stores. If the seller is moving to some other place and wants to sell his precious musical instrument, then you have a chance that you can get that piano at a cheaper price.
Best Selling Baby grand Pianos:
We have made a thorough online research to curate a list of best-selling baby grand pianos that you can purchase for your little one at a very low cost. Let us have a look at these products.
The baby grand piano comes with wide keys that promote proper finger placements enabling an easy transition to a larger piano. The piano is suitable for 3 years-12 years children. In addition to this, this piano produces a mesmerizing chime-like sound that is created by striking small hammers on the metal rods. It costs you $139,99.
• Brand: Schoenhut Piano Co. Inc
• Product Dimensions: 19 x 19.75 x 21.5 inches
• Weight: 27.9 pounds
• Recommended age: 3-12 years
• The baby grand piano includes 30 full-sized keys.
• It produces unique chime-like tones.
• The piano comes with Schoenhut’s patented Tri-Play Learning System and bench.
The baby grand piano is suitable for children of age 3 years and above. It mimics true piano sounds. You will receive an opening lid, 30-full width velocity touch keys, and digital sound quality and option for battery or plug-in power in this package. This baby grand piano will cost you $133.33.
• Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 21 x 27 inches
• Item Weight: 34.2 pounds
• Color: Pink
• Recommended age: 3 years and above
• The package includes piano, bench, music stand, and Schoenhut’s patented learning system
• It includes 30 digital keys.
• It has got a sturdy construction.
The baby grand piano makes a unique chime-like sound that soothes the listener’s senses. It is made of durable material and comes with 37 wide keys that give perfect placement of fingers for a beginner or an intermediate learner. It is completely a hand-crafted piano that suits the learners and facilitates the easy transition to the large pianos.
• Brand: Schoenhut Piano Co. Inc.
• Dimensions: 23.75 x 23.25 x 23.5 inches
• Item weight: 32 pounds
• Colour: Blue
• Recommended age: 36 months – 12 years
• It has got 37-keys.
• It has got three octaves and a keyboard.
4. Melissa & Doug Learn-to-Play Classic Grand Piano, Mini Keyboard with 30 Hand-Tuned Keys (23.65” H X 21.4” W X 10.05” L, E-Commerce Packaging)
The baby grand piano features an easy-to-play mini keyboard that is perfect for beginner kids to play and learn the musical instrument. It is made of high quality and durable material. The piano features a safety-hinged lid that opens and closes along with a non-tipping bench to ensure the safety of your children. This product will cost you $149.99.
• Brand: Melissa & Doug
• Dimensions: 22.55 x 10.3 x 25 inches
• Item weight: 27.1 pounds
• Colour: black
• Recommended age: 4 years-6 years
• The piano includes 30 hand-tuned keys.
• The baby grand piano includes a lifting top with a safety hinge, 30 piano keys, a songbook with a color-coded key chart, and a sturdy, non-tipping bench.
• The piano and the bench is made of high-quality wood, plastic, and metal
5. Hape Deluxe White Grand Piano | Thirty Key Piano Toy with Stool, Electronic Keyboard Musical Toy Set for Kids 3 Years+
The baby grand piano comes with 30 wide keys and does not need tuning. It has got a realistic piano look, excellent resonant sound, and a tone that does not need tuning. Moreover, it features a power-saving mode that automatically activates for more than two minutes. This piano will cost you $199.99.
• Brand: Hape Inc.
• Dimensions: 19.69 x 20.47 x 23.62 inches
• Item weight: 15 pounds
• Colour: White
• Age recommendation: 3 years- 12 years
• It uses 4 AA batteries and includes a power-saving mode.
• This electronic piano consists of 30 keys.
• It has got a solid construction to withstand any injuries.
• The baby grand piano includes three legs, one stool, one music rest, an on/off button.
Last but not least, The baby grand piano is a perfect instrument to increase the creativity of your child. If you are recently thinking about gifting your little one a piano, then you must check out the above-listed products that we have randomly picked from the best selling piano list on amazon.com. If you are wondering about how much a baby grand piano costs, then you must read this article, where we have made an attempt to provide brief information on baby grand pianos, their features, and cost. You can purchase from amazon.com if you like online shopping. It will save your time and money as well. However, you can also purchase them from a music instrument store nearby your residence.
If you can withstand the hassles of bargaining then you must search for used baby grand pianos that you can get at a cheaper rate. However, you should check out properly the functionality of the piano while buying a used one. You should check out the brand while going for such option because the brand you are choosing for a used one will need maintenance. If there is no outlet nearby your home that can repair your piano then do not go for that option.